Our first “show” on July 9, 2020 was a chance to meet everyone (excellent ice breaker activity from Clint Lalonde), review logistics, and introduce the “kitchen” concept and resources for participants.
The archive of the meeting is embedded here and also viewable by archive link.
- Mattermost Community https://chat.opened.ca/h5p-support — now open for project participants only, eventually will become an open community for using H5P. Grantees received an email with the link needed to join the community. This will be our main communication hub for the project. Post your questions in the channel called Town Square.
- H5P PB Kitchen website https://kitchen.opened.ca/ — You are here! This site will be one of the primary support sites for you, with new support content published regularly, such as
- Four Elements of Open Homework Practice Problems an attempt to define four key components
- Focus on Formative Feedback – summary of research literature about developing effective feedback
- Key Documents which has the question design template that we briefly looked at this morning, as well as a template for the final report you will be asked to submit for the project.
- Writing Good Multiple Choice Questions – overview of a guide from Vanderbilt University (with their examples recast as H5P)
- Organizing the H5P Utensil Drawer you might find useful as you begin to explore the different content types available in H5P.
- Getting Started in H5P – in response to a request during the meeting.
Our next webinar/show is July 30 at 9:00AM PT where we will learn about addressing accessibility needs in H5P and also share our first round of experiences working on projects. Access details TBA.