This is part 3 of the Cooking and Spicing Up OERs with H5P Workshop…
But if you want to step it up a notch we suggest trying some of the H5P content types that make use of some of the most basic elements in a combinatorial fashion (should we introduce “fusion”?).
The types of H5P we explored in the remixing activity might be considered fundamental types, they create a single kind of interaction. There are other content types that let you create complex combinations of interactions in a single interface.
- Interactive Video takes video from YouTube but provides stop points that can include
- Single Choice Sets, Multiple Choice, Statements, Fill in the Blanks, Drag and Drop, Mark the Words, Drag Text
- Course Presentation may seem like just another PowerPoint, but also can include
- Fill in the Blanks, Single Choice Sets, Multiple Choice, True/False, Drag and Drop, Summary, Drag Text, Mark the Words, Dialog Cards, Interactive Video
- Columns allow you to group multiple H5P content types into a single series grouped together, that can use
- Accordion, Agamotto, Audio, Audio Recorder, Fill in the Blanks, Collage, Course Presentation, Dialog Cards, Documentation Tool, Drag and Drop, Drag the Words, Guess the Answer, Table, Text, Iframe Embedder, Image, Image Hotspots, Find the Hotspot, Interactive Video, Link, Mark the Words, Memory Game, Multiple Choice, Question Set, Single Choice Set, Summary, Timeline, True/False Question, Twitter User Feed, Video
- Question Sets provide a way to put multiple questions in one activity can include
- Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blanks, Drag Word, Mark the Words, Drag and Drop
- Branching Scenario creates a choose your own adventure type of experience and can include
- Course Presentation, Image Hotspots, Interactive Video
- Interactive Books can include
- Image Hotspots, Multiple Choice, Course Presentation, Interactive Video, Drag and Drop, Fill in the Blanks, Drag Text
The main H5P site provides examples, but they are usually simple demos not used in a real learning context (or they seem obsessed with berries?). To find better inspiration for these more complex content types, you might return to one of the H5P Studios or OER Directories we introduced in the first part of this workshop to find examples.
Need help? Try these direct search links.
H5P Studio Direct Links
- Interactive Video examples
- Course Presentation examples
- Column examples
- Question Set examples
- Branching Scenario examples
- Interactive Book examples
You may also use this exemplary H5P (it is the Course Presentation Type) that is a Periodic Table that can help with the content type selection.
For this part of the workshop, we leave the options open to you- explore some more of the H5P tools, try the more complex ones by making content from scratch, or you can download a few examples provided below as .h5p items.
Either way, try creating them in the Lumi application. When done, you can save them as .h5p files that can be shared, remixed like we did earlier.
Complex H5P Dishes to Remix
More from the Buffet
These are some more examples of these complex/compound content types introduced in the opening H5P Tasting Tour.
- Branching Scenario:
- Interactive Book
- Course Presentation:
- Branching Scenario:
Let’s see what kind of complex cooking you can do! Rather than asking you to do yet One More Form, use the comments below to share what you created, struggled with, discovered.
This is the end of the line but you can, move back to another section of this workshop or return to the entry.
- You Don’t Start Cooking By Reaching into the Utensil Drawer
- Remixing from H5P Hors d’oeuvres
- Stepping Up to More Complex H5P Dishes
Feature Image: Beshbarmak photo by Christopher Rose from “Almaty: what to do in Kazakhstan’s cultural capital” (Calvert Journal) licensed CC BY-SA