It’s a brand new season on the Cooking with H5P Show and we have a new round of projects funded by BCcampus to continue the work of enhancing open textbooks with H5P practice problems.
Our opening show was the orientation for new project participants. We are very excited about the energy and enthusiasm with this group. As usual, we do have an archive for anyone interest (view below or directly)
And if you really are into The Show, we have a copies of the slides shown during the presentation are available for download.
Some Helpful Links
- Mattermost Community https://chat.opened.ca/h5p-support Grantees received an email with the link needed to join the community. Or anyone can sign up to be part of this open community. as many are interested in learning more about using H5P. This will be our main communication hub for the project. Post your questions, ideas, requests for feedback, even cheerful motivational GIFs in the channel called Town Square.
- H5P PB Kitchen website https://kitchen.opened.ca/ — You are here! To stay up to date on new content posted here, you can sign up for notifications by email.
This site will be one of the primary support sites for you, with new support content published regularly, such as
- Focus on Formative Feedback – summary of research literature about developing effective feedback
- Writing Good Multiple Choice Questions – overview of a guide from Vanderbilt University (with their examples recast as H5P)
- Organizing the H5P Utensil Drawer you might find useful as you begin to explore the different content types available in H5P.
- Getting Started in H5P – suggestions for learning more.
We will be starting a series of posts aimed at getting the cooking started. A new part of the show starts this week, our “Open Kitchen Lab Drop In” where we will offer help to anyone who wants to bring in some H5P they are working on or would like specific support from the Kitchen staff.
There will also be a new feature, something to get your cooking juices going. Stay tuned to the front page of the H5P Kitchen.
We are excited to have the lights turned on in the kitchen for a new round of projects.