It’s time to sample what has been cooking in the H5P/Pressbooks Kitchen.
In our November webinar, representatives of the five funded projects of BCcampus OER Development Grants will serve up slices of their H5P enhanced textbooks. They will share how they have made their open textbooks more effective with the practice activities integrated into the content. Celebrate as we share the cumulative collection of new, reusable H5P practice exercises and what it means for Open Homework Systems.
Join us Thursday, November 26 at 9:00am PT (check for your local time) to get a taste of what they have been working on.
This is technically our last webinar, but the projects and cooking go on. We will soon have more information on the presenters, but you can anticipate demos of and discussions about the projects. The end product will be new versions of the following textbooks, featuring collectively 340 new H5P elements.
- Concepts of Biology – 1st Canadian Edition – Charles Molnar and Michelle Nakano will be in the kitchen to share.
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality in BC
- Vital Sign Measurement Across the Lifespan – 1st Canadian Edition – Barbara Metcalf, Kym Bontinen, Lee-Anne Stephen, and Margaret Verkuyl will be in the kitchen to share.
- Psychology (OpenStax) Simon Lolliot will be in the kitchen to share.
- Writing for Success – 1st Canadian Edition – Brenna Clarke Gray (TRU) will be in the kitchen to share.
This event is free. To ensure we have an inclusive and welcoming environment for all, we’ve added registration to our webinars. Please note that it will close two hours before the event.
This notice is to inform you that this session will be recorded, archived, and made available publicly on BCcampus.ca. By participating in this session, you acknowledge that your participation in this session will be recorded and the recording will be made available openly.
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons photo by George Garrigues shared under a Creative Commons CC BY-SA license.